你好! Diane, here! I’m a 1/2 Taiwanese 1/2 Irish fire tiger who appreciates the peacefulness of country life and the excitement of the big city. By day I am a digital marketer with experience in the hospitality and real estate industries. By night I am an asian food loving tomboy who likes to get my hands dirty and go on mini adventures in my hometown of Las Vegas.
I’m into art, culture, and people. Here is my timeline
- I grew up in Las Vegas in a bicultural, bilingual household where I learned there is not one right way of raising a kid. I spent a lot of summers with my mom’s big family in Taipei. (She is one of six children and most of the families all lived in one big house at one time.)
- During high school I moved to the garden state for my dad’s new job. I joined the varsity crew team and feel in love with the deep blue water, tall green trees, and friendly people.
- I spent one summer teaching English in an elementary school in Beijing and exploring the city on my own.
- I graduated from the University of Notre Dame (Go Irish!) with a double major in Marketing and Chinese Language and Culture.
- I moved to Laughlin, Nevada for my first job out of college. It was at a small family owned casino hotel on the Colorado River called The Pioneer Hotel & Gambling Hall. I lived in a hotel room and enjoyed the down-to-earth life of living in a small retiree town where the median age was 54. At this job I was in a management training program where I rotated into almost every position at the property for one year, from front desk to housekeeping to dealing poker, and then ended with a position in the casino’s marketing department. I started and grew Pioneer’s social media and targeted email efforts and helped start online booking for the property (something that wasn’t priority as it valued its friendly and personal customer service over the phone). At the Pioneer I got to meet the most fun co-workers ever, that I like to call family, and I got to see the big picture of what is involved in running a small casino hotel.
- After two years I moved back to Vegas to work at The Venetian and The Palazzo. At Venetian Palazzo I met the most brilliant and inspiring marketing leaders and got to learn and try everything imaginable from developing a mobile app to a digital touch-screen to all sorts of interactive online and social campaigns to affiliate marketing! As the Digital Marketing & e-Commerce Manager I managed cross-channel marketing efforts to help sell the world’s largest hotel (7,100 suites). On a daily basis I worked with our agency partners and property stakeholders (including F&B, Entertainment, Casino, Nightlife and Meetings/Conventions) to support and optimize their marketing presence on our channels.
- After four years I decided to become a Realtor at Nevada Real Estate Corporation. I knew I loved meeting and helping people while also getting to know the ins and outs of my city. Also Nevada Real Estate focuses towards the Chinese market and the Asian culture is a big part of who I am. I met a lot of different kind of people and felt like I went outside my sheltered comfort zone for the first time in a while.
- Now I am leading the marketing efforts at Stout Management Company, the largest property management company in Las Vegas. I advise on the marketing strategy for our 70 apartment communities and spent the largest amount of time growing the marketing for two newly constructed luxury communities: South Beach Resort and EVO Apartments. Stout is family owned and operated and a lot of fun, which you can see here and here.
- This September I am getting married to a loving, talented, and knowledgeable man named Garner Presser. He is working on getting his first book published which is about alchemy and rockstars! Look out for his name in the near future doing fun stuff!
- On weekends you can find me working on a new science/art project, walking our pup in the park, or in a coffee shop with my hot tea and latest good read.