Hello and thank you for checking out my personal website! I am writing this paragraph at 5:30am after coming back from Tokyo without any sleep. I love being up when it feels like the world around me is still and sleeping. I feel I get my best thoughts and feel the most present during these times.
Anyways I just took this business chemistry quiz that I feel helps define who I am. Of the four result categories I am a 48% Pioneer and 47% Integrator. As a Pioneer I love exploring new possibilities, working with others, and generating novel ideas. As an Integrator, specifically a Dreamer Integrator, I am all about connection. I value meaning and enjoy exploring different interpretations or perspectives. My defining traits are leader, planner, generous, creative, and optimistic.
Here is a one minute video that defines who I am as well!
Also here is my timeline
- I grew up in Las Vegas with a Taiwanese mother and Irish-American father. I visited Taipei every summer growing up and love the memories I had of big family gatherings.
- I have a younger sister who is 7.5 years younger than me who is a mechanical engineer!
- I used to sell McDonald toys, stickers and whatever else I could to neighbors. Also I used to hold summer school and host birthday parties for neighborhood kids younger than me.
- During high school I moved to the garden state for my dad’s new job. I joined the varsity crew team and still miss the water, greenery, and friendly people from the east coast.
- During high school I spent a summer teaching English in an elementary school in Beijing.
- I graduated from the University of Notre Dame (Go Irish!) with a double major in Marketing and Chinese Language and Culture.
- I moved to Laughlin, Nevada for my first job out of college. It was at a small family owned casino hotel on the Colorado River called The Pioneer Hotel & Gambling Hall. For two years I lived in a motel/hotel room and enjoyed the down-to-earth life of living in a small retiree town where the median age was 54. At this job I was in a management training program where I rotated into almost every position at the property for one year, from front desk to housekeeping to dealing poker, and then ended with a position in the casino’s marketing department. I started and grew Pioneer’s social media and targeted email efforts and helped start online booking for the property (something that wasn’t priority as it valued its friendly and personal customer service over the phone). At the Pioneer I got to meet the most fun co-workers ever, that I call family, and I got to see the big picture of what is involved in running a small casino hotel.
- After two years I moved back to Vegas to work at The Venetian and The Palazzo. At Venetian Palazzo I met the most brilliant and inspiring marketing leaders and got to learn and try everything imaginable from developing a mobile app to a digital touch-screen to all sorts of interactive online and social campaigns to affiliate marketing! As the Digital Marketing & e-Commerce Manager I managed cross-channel marketing efforts to help sell the world’s largest hotel (7,100 suites). On a daily basis I worked with our agency partners and property stakeholders (including F&B, Entertainment, Casino, Nightlife and Meetings/Conventions) to support and optimize their marketing presence on our channels.
- After four years I decided to become a Realtor at Nevada Real Estate Corporation. I knew I loved meeting and helping people while also getting to know the ins and outs of my city. Also Nevada Real Estate focuses towards the Chinese market and the Asian culture is a big part of who I am. I met a lot of different kind of people and felt like I went outside my sheltered comfort zone for the first time in a while.
- Now I am leading the marketing efforts at Stout Management Company, the largest property management company in Las Vegas. I advise on the marketing strategy for our 70 apartment communities and spent the largest amount of time developing the marketing for two newly constructed luxury communities: South Beach Resort and EVO Apartments. Stout is family owned and operated and a lot of fun, which you can see here and here.
- In September 2017 I got married to a loving, talented, and knowledgeable man named Garner Presser. He is working on getting his first book published which is about alchemy and rockstars! Look out for his name in the near future doing fun stuff!
- On weekends you can find me doing karate or working on a new science/art project, walking our pup in the park, or in a coffee shop with my hot tea and latest good read.